About Me

My photo
I started making jewelry in 2004 and it slowly grew into DarkFire Designs. I opened a shop on Etsy a little over a year ago, and later opened Faerie Footprints, a new metaphysical line, also on Etsy. I have now expanded to clothing and whatever crazy accessories form themselves in my head. On November 4th, 2011 DarkFire Designs reformed into d.Kei, and then with continued growth it split into two shops: d.Kei for the clothing and Visual Kei line, and DarkFire Designs remained as the flagship store, with the rest of the jewelry. A fairy kei shop is now in the planning stages.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Changes are coming...

This week I took a good long look at the Etsy store...

...and came to the conclusion it's a hot mess.

Multiple interests manifested themselves in my work, and now the poor storefront is a chaotic mishmash of spikes, dichroic glass, and pastel sparkly macarons. The entire scope of my business has clearly outgrown the Etsy store. So, after much planning, and many hours of work, one Etsy store has become two.

I have started by moving the visual kei stuff to its own store - http://dkei.etsy.com. It will operate under the d.Kei label, while the main 'flagship' Etsy will still be DarkFire Designs. I have put up a temporary banner in the DarkFire Designs shop to reflect the change. My clothing and cosplay pieces will be posted there.

As dkei was already taken on Twitter, I have decided to keep both stores under the d_keidesigns twitter feed, and on the same Facebook page. Those are a little easier to manage without having to split into multiple accounts.

In the meantime, I have restructured the DarkFire Designs store to reflect the change(I'm well aware the temporary banner is hard to read, I will fix it this week), and recategorized the store until I can set up a third store. This store will be for the clay sweets, decoden, and Fairy Kei stuff that I'm well aware clashes with the rest of the jewelry in the shop and adds to the hot mess look my storefront is currently rocking. XD It will all take some time.

So basically, here is a breakdown of how everything will get structured:

1)DarkFire Designs: Jewelry, fused glass, wirework
2)d.Kei: Visual Kei, clothing, cosplay
3)Third Store(name TBD): Fairy Kei, sweets, decoden

And in the meantime, I'm just taking it one day at a time, not getting overwhelmed, knowing that this will make everything much more streamlined and organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment